J.V. Race Information...
Junior Varsity Races Are BACK! Yeah!!!
UPDATED June 15, 2010 @ 5:00 pm
We are very excited to announce that the 2010 Mt. SAC Cross Country Invitational will once again feature J.V. Races! We have been able to re-work our schedule to not only host the outstanding Junior Varsity National Championship races (all five divisions), but also be able to have open junior varsity races in all divisions on the same day and same time block.
The success of last years Saturday Schedule "split" between the two big divisions has allowed us to place J.V. Races back into the schedule. Last year there was far less runner and spectator congestion where the two divisions “bumped” against each other in past years.
The effect was that there was:
- More room for everyone in the warm up areas
- More room in the team tent areas
- Our medical staff had more time to help all the runners who needed aid
- More parking spaces for more cars and spots closest opened up
- The afternoon division on Saturday built its own momentum so the final varsity races of the day were run in cooler weather and were some the most competitive races ever!
With the rise in the number of Division 4 and 5 teams, we will also split these two divisions into their own divisions for Varsity Races this year.
We would once again like to thank all the coaches who have been so understanding and helpful in working with us to give as many runners as possible this unique opportunity.