About Mt. SAC Project 2020
Mt. SAC Project 2020
Project 2020 is unified effort between the Southern California Track & Field/Cross Country Community and Mt. San Antonio College to bring two monumental projects to the greater Los Angeles Area.
- The first project being the complete renovation of Historic Hilmer Lodge Stadium.
- The second project is the bid to host the 2020 U.S. Olympic Track & Field Trials.
PROJECT 2020 GOALS
- To create and establish a"world-class" track & field/cross country facility in the easily accessible greater Los Angeles area that:
- is athlete friendly with a nearby/convenient:
- warm up track/facility
- weight room facility
- medical/athletic training facility
- classrooms/meeting rooms
- showering/changing facilities
- is media/broadcast friendly with:
- static and wireless internet access
- flexible pressbox/media areas that includes restroom facilities
- power and connections necessary for broadcast crews
- is spectator friendly with:
- unobstructed sightlines for track & field fans
- the ability to host all field events within the infield
- comfortable seating
- covered seating on the home side
- large state of the art video screen and sound
- extensive restroom facilities
- has the infrastructure capable of hosting large events
- expandable seating capacity depending on event size
- To bring the 2020 U.S. Olympic Track & Field Trials back to Hilmer Lodge Stadium
- To create Heritage Hall, an onsite convention/museum facility
- To once again establish Hilmer Lodge Stadium as one of the finest track & field facilities in the world and continue the tradition of being the heart of track & field in the Southern California Area.
To learn more about each project, please click on the links below:
Contact us for more info