Hilmer Lodge Stadium...
Hilmer Lodge Stadium is currently undergoing a complete renovation that will transform the stadium into a state-of-the-art venue for football/track & field.
On Wednesday, June 28th, 2017 at 11:00 am, it was announced by the U.S. Olympic Committee and USA Track and Field that Mt. SAC was selected to host the USA Olympic Trials-Track & Field,
in June of 2020, at
Hilmer Lodge Stadium.
The new stadium has been painstakingly designed to meet/exceed all of the necessary requirements to host world class track & field and cross country competitions. When completed in 2019, it will provide a world class venue for athletes, coaches and spectators. Some features of the new facility include:
- 9 - 48" track with olympic turn radius
- 300 meter warm-up track and facility
- multiple field event facilities within the stadium
- state-of-the-art large video screen and sound system
- 3,000 square foot press box/VIP area
- 7,000 square foot weight facility
- 2,300 square foot athletic training/medical facility
- Heritage Hall - Meeting/museum facility
- 110,000 square foot expo/fan areas
- fan/press box sightlines for track and field (unobstructed views of all track lanes and field facilities)
- natural turf main field, artificial turf warm-up facility
- expandable seating (12,500 to approximately 23,000 seats)
All of the new construction has been designed around and will not affect the path of the historic Mt. SAC Cross Country Course.